Playing games on special devices or consoles is a trendy activity among gamers all around the world. Here we are with a popular handheld gaming and multimedia entertainment console known as “Play Station Portable”.
If you are a gamer then surely you have heard the PSP and want to know more about it. It is developed by a very reputable company Sony Computer Entertainment and launched in Japan on December 12, 2004.
It is a seventh-generation gaming console with many competitors like Nintendo DS. The main advantage of PSP is that it is a portable device, you can carry it anywhere you want.
What is PSP?
With time PSP has revolved around big time, it has updated many functionalities and hardware parts. This progressive nature made a huge impact all around the world and recent surveys show that the company has sold over 80 million units.
PlayStation Portable is a wireless device that means you can connect it without any cables. Yes, this console is famous for playing games but you can do much more stuff using the device. Here is a list of things you can do while driving, traveling, and using at home.
- You can surf the internet using a browser since this system is firmware 2.0
- You can download and view images of any format
- You can also watch movies and make it your movie player
- Download anything you want and watch it when you are free
This is what PlayStation portable offers apart from playing games. But the main aim of this device is to provide a smooth and fast responding system to gamers which are sometimes difficult to get when playing directly on your phones and PCs.
Users can enjoy famous games like COD, PUBG, and many fascinating PSP games using this device. In this section of the article, we are going to discuss in detail how you can play various amazing games and the necessary steps to avoid issues players face.
How to Play Games on PSP?
Playing on this console is not that difficult, you just need to set up your device and follow some easy steps then you can enjoy the gaming experience. It offers great processing power for a small portable device.
There are two essential things needed to play on this system if you miss attaching one of these items, you will face many issues, and probably be impossible to get a good gaming experience.
- UMD; Universal Media Disc is a necessary part of this system. The PSP games you download are stored on UMD
- Memory stick; Memory stick is another part to enhance your device memory’s size and it also stores games you download.
Here is the simplest way to set up and start playing on PlayStation portable.
- First thing you do when you buy a device like this is that you full the battery by simply plugging in the connector. This is a good activity for your system’s battery life
- Now you have to join the PlayStation network using your email. It is free to join this network but it requires the permission of your elders.
- Now open your device to get started by pushing the power button
- A menu will appear and it may also ask for the setting of some basic things like date, time
- Sony continuously upgrades this system with new features so you have to select one of old, new, and custom firmwares
- Now you have to connect it to your PC or phone using Ad Hoc mode or Infrastructure mode. You have to create a connection using infrastructure mode and select Scan in the WIFI Setting portion of your systems
- So, after connecting them choose the folders where your PSP games are and start playing your favorite games
- You can easily connect to the internet by visiting the network and clicking on the Internet Browser.
Note that you have to install the games first on your PC or Phones in order to play them
PSP is one of the best gaming consoles available all over the world. So, if you want to take your gaming skills to a whole new level and enjoy being a gamer more then this console is specially made for you.